Question Trouble After Installing New CPU

Mar 6, 2019
Hello,

Sorry for posting as this has been mentioned before, I’ve been doing research for almost 12 hours now and have had no luck. I built a new PC about 8 months ago. It was my first build by myself and I left out the GPU and CPU for the time being as I didn’t have a lot of money and I wanted to upgrade later as I had an okay set up at the time. Anyways I recently purchased a new GPU and CPU and installed them. The GPU arrived first and everything was working fine. I got my CPU today and installed it immediately. All my fans are working, my LEDs on MoBo are working, and no warning lights about POST are lit up.

1. Before installing my new CPU I installed the newest chipset driver and updated my BIOS.
  2. My computer ran fine after restarting with my old CPU.
  3. I installed the new CPU and booted up my PC. My screen was black, said no signal, my keyboard back light was on, but the keys didn’t work, I tested by pressing caps lock to see if the light would come on and it didn’t, and my mouse wasn’t working either as the LEDs were not coming on.
  4. I tried putting the old CPU back in and the issue was still there so I think the CPU is fine.
What I’ve tried so far based on my research:

1. Reseating the CPU and heatsink.
  2. Holding the power button for 30 seconds while power unplugged.
  3. Reseating my RAM.
  4. Removing the CMOS Battery and shorting my connectors for CMOS.
  5. Removed my GPU and used the display port on the MoBo.
My Specs:
Old CPU: i5 6500
New CPU: i7 7700k
GPU: RTX 2060
MoBo: ASUS ROG Strix H270F
PSU: Corsair RMx 650 +80 Gold
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60

I have a long weekend coming up and I just bought Battlefield: V was really looking forward to playing it, not dealing with this. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you

As it now does not post with either CPU, and the GPU is removed, your options are dropping to a single RAM stick in required slot, and, failing any progress, another known good PSU to try, and, lastly...

Your MB might have bought the farm for whatever untimely reason...(inspect CPU socket for any damage, check for POST with no BIOS battery installed, disconnect all SATA power/data cables, USB headers, etc..)

Mar 6, 2019
I’m not sure if the CPU socket is damaged. However when looking at it, it does look a bit off but this is only the 2nd time I’ve looked at it. There is small dark area on the right hand side.

Mar 6, 2019
Alright, I seemed to have fixed the issue. The bent pin, and one pin that looked like it was missing, was fixable. Thanks to my girlfriend who has a much softer touch than I do. PC is running great, sitting around 25 idle, and 56 at 100% on a stress test.

Thank you