Trouble booting need help figuring out why

witchykym

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
When I start my computer, both from having just shut down and from having shut it down and unplugging it for a few minutes, it will boot to the "Cyberpower PC" logo, then turn off, then turn back on by itself and show the "Gigabyte" logo, then turn off again, turn back on, show the "Cyberpower" logo with the loading wheel and boot into windows.

I've tried reformatting. I've scanned my hard drives. I don't know what else to try or do, but I need to what's going wrong and what I need to replace.

PC Specs:
CPU = 5820K 3.3 LGA 2011-V3
GPU - GTX970
RAM - 8G DDR4
MOBO - Gigabyte G1
Drives - 120G Samsung SSD, 1TB Toshiba HDD
PSU - 600W PowerCo

Solution
As a starting point (And you don't say if you have already tried these)...

I'd try reseating your video card and RAM sticks as a starter.

Then try clearing CMOS and boot with stock settings.

There appears to be no debug led on the board, so if you have a motherboard speaker it would be worthwhile connecting it to see if there are any boot beeps. If so, record the combination and Google it.

I don't know how many RAM sticks you have, but if more than one, try it with just one. Check manual for correct slot to put it in (Usually DDR1 or A1 etc).

Let us know how you go..

Tanyac

Reputable
As a starting point (And you don't say if you have already tried these)...

I'd try reseating your video card and RAM sticks as a starter.

Then try clearing CMOS and boot with stock settings.

There appears to be no debug led on the board, so if you have a motherboard speaker it would be worthwhile connecting it to see if there are any boot beeps. If so, record the combination and Google it.

I don't know how many RAM sticks you have, but if more than one, try it with just one. Check manual for correct slot to put it in (Usually DDR1 or A1 etc).

Let us know how you go..

Solution