[SOLVED] Trouble Connecting Another Monitor

Nov 1, 2019
Hey y'all,

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this and helping me out if be,

I am attempting to connect another monitor (which are technically TVs) to my motherboard as I only have one HDMI port to my graphics cards, I don't own a Displayport cable, and my monitors only have one HDMI port. When I connect my main monitor to my graphics card it works fine but I cannot connect my other monitor to the motherboard. I am aware that the integrated graphics should be shut off and that's the part of what I am roadblocked on and need help with. I am running a MSI B450 Tomahawk Motherboard with a GIGABYTE Radeon RX 570 4GB graphics card.

Solution
I have a Ryzen 7 2700. I have looked in my BIOS but I can't seem to find the integrated graphics settings. I could just get a cable but I'm trying not to have to spend money and only use what I have. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

The Ryzen 2700 does not support integrated graphics. You'll have to buy a cable. Only a Ryzen with a G at the end. Such as Ryzen 3 3200G have integrated graphics.
What CPU do you have? Most Ryzen CPU do not support integrated graphics. Only some do. For the others the ports are superfluous.

If you have the correct CPU. Check your BIOS settings. Integrated graphics should be set to always on.

DisplayPort to HDMI cables are pretty cheap. You'd be better off getting one of those. If these are 4K TVs. Make sure whatever adapter cable you get is rated for 4K@60hz. Also make sure it is DisplayPort to HDMI not HDMI to DisplayPort. Those are expensive anyways as they require an active adapter.

Nov 1, 2019
What CPU do you have? Most Ryzen CPU do not support integrated graphics. Only some do. For the others the ports are superfluous.

If you have the correct CPU. Check your BIOS settings. Integrated graphics should be set to always on.

DisplayPort to HDMI cables are pretty cheap. You'd be better off getting one of those. If these are 4K TVs. Make sure whatever adapter cable you get is rated for 4K@60hz.
I have a Ryzen 7 2700. I have looked in my BIOS but I can't seem to find the integrated graphics settings. I could just get a cable but I'm trying not to have to spend money and only use what I have. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

The Ryzen 2700 does not support integrated graphics. You'll have to buy a cable. Only a Ryzen with a G at the end. Such as Ryzen 3 3200G have integrated graphics.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS