[SOLVED] Trouble connecting second display

Mar 22, 2021
I'm having trouble connecting my second monitor to my motherboard via HDMI. My first monitor works fine and is connected to my graphics card. The monitor and the cable both work in my graphics card slot and the HDMI slot on my MB doesn't seem to have any signs of damage. I have cleaned it with a can of air and tried to find the multi-monitor setting in BIOS but to no avail. My MB is an Aorus B450

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

Solution
both need to be connected to the graphics card.
in a lot of cases nowadays, the iGPU is disabled when a PCIe card is installed.

connecting both to the dedicated GPU
and then in Settings > System > Display it should show both monitors, labeled 1 and 2.
enabling Duplicate or Extended in the Multiple displays section should show your desktop on both displays.
Mar 22, 2021
I'm having trouble connecting my second monitor to my motherboard via HDMI. My first monitor works fine and is connected to my graphics card. The monitor and the cable both work in my graphics card slot and the HDMI slot on my MB doesn't seem to have any signs of damage. I have cleaned it with a can of air and tried to find the multi-monitor setting in BIOS but to no avail. My MB is an Aorus B450

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

both need to be connected to the graphics card.
in a lot of cases nowadays, the iGPU is disabled when a PCIe card is installed.

connecting both to the dedicated GPU
and then in Settings > System > Display it should show both monitors, labeled 1 and 2.
enabling Duplicate or Extended in the Multiple displays section should show your desktop on both displays.

Solution