Trouble connecting to the internet in windows (dual boot ubuntu)

atinesh229

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015
I'm having an original `Windows 8.1` dual booted with `Ubuntu 15.04`. My `ISP` has given me IP address and other settings to access the internet through LAN cable. I've same setting in both windows and ubuntu. But in windows I'm unable to access the internet, at the same time when i log in in ubuntu it works fine. Can anybody tell me how can I fix it.

Solution
Please follow these options to fix your problem :
1. check the time and date. make sure it should be correct. if it is not, please correct it.
2. if your time and date are ok but you are still not able to access the internet then you need to check the proxy settings on your internet explorer. if it enable then you need to disable it.
3. try to reboot your computer in safe mode with networking and check your internet is working or not. if then it means this is the problem because of antivirus or any third party application. so you need to uninstall them.
Finally your internet will start working fine.

leageorge

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015
Please follow these options to fix your problem :
1. check the time and date. make sure it should be correct. if it is not, please correct it.
2. if your time and date are ok but you are still not able to access the internet then you need to check the proxy settings on your internet explorer. if it enable then you need to disable it.
3. try to reboot your computer in safe mode with networking and check your internet is working or not. if then it means this is the problem because of antivirus or any third party application. so you need to uninstall them.
Finally your internet will start working fine.

Solution

atinesh229

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015

1. Time date OK
2. Proxy Setting Checked. There isn't any proxy setting in browser.
3. Checked by entering is safe mode, same issue. Not working.

Please help me. I'm unable to understand the problem.

atinesh229

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015

It got automatically fixed. I don't know how. :)