[SOLVED] Trouble detecting Mini-screen

Jun 3, 2022
Hi all,

I am building a A320 MCDU for Microsoft Flight Simulator, based on a mini-screen, arduino micro, bunch of buttons and a 3D printed box.
I then bought a miniscreen on Ali-express working with a simple 5v power and HDMI plug.

My issue is that windows do not react at all when I plug it into my GPU... No matter what I do, changing the output from my GPU, trying to restart with it already plugged... nothing.
I have confirmation that the screen is working because when plugged into my raspberry pi, it's working fine.
It is a touchscreen, when I plug the touchscreen usb into windows, the touch screen is working fine but still no image.

Any ideas on what I would try more ?

My config :
  • i9 9900k
  • RTX 3080 ==> 3 screens (2 HDMI and 1 Display port)
  • Windows 10 Pro

Solution
Found the solution.

To whom it may concern, this was the way I solved it:
  • Mini screen seems to be a too small component to be detected by my CGU
  • CGU might except something with minimum resistance on intensity to trigger a detection
  • I then wanted to try to make my CGU believe I plugged something bigger to trigger a potential detection
  • I then bought a HDMI splitter, which from one output, duplicate hdmi signal into two HDMI
  • This splitter is powered by a 5V (same a screen...) and 1 Amp plug
  • When received, I immediately tried to plug my last CGU free socket to the splitter and then to the screen... and Bingo !

Lutfij

Titan
You could take the screen over to a donor Windows based system to see if the panel doesn't like Windows input. Speaking of windows, you should be able to connect off the processor's iGPU...see if that brings life to your external display. Have you tried using another cable?

Jun 3, 2022
You could take the screen over to a donor Windows based system to see if the panel doesn't like Windows input. Speaking of windows, you should be able to connect off the processor's iGPU...see if that brings life to your external display. Have you tried using another cable?
Thanks @Lutfij
Tried the GPU output from motherboard if this is what you were mentionning by CPU's iGPU.
Tried several cables and the one on the pictures is the one I use on my second screen which is working fine...
I do not get your idea regarding donor based system... could you precise ?
Regards

Jun 3, 2022
Found the solution.

To whom it may concern, this was the way I solved it:
  • Mini screen seems to be a too small component to be detected by my CGU
  • CGU might except something with minimum resistance on intensity to trigger a detection
  • I then wanted to try to make my CGU believe I plugged something bigger to trigger a potential detection
  • I then bought a HDMI splitter, which from one output, duplicate hdmi signal into two HDMI
  • This splitter is powered by a 5V (same a screen...) and 1 Amp plug
  • When received, I immediately tried to plug my last CGU free socket to the splitter and then to the screen... and Bingo !

Solution