[SOLVED] Trouble Formatting and Reinstalling Windows 7

Hal-H-Wyatt

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
Good afternoon all,

So the situation is, i'm trying to format an SSD and reinstall windows. I'm using the windows installation disk and it's something i've done before, never previously having had an issue with it.

The issue i'm having is, i'm getting into the installation process and it is getting stuck on "Expanding Windows Files (3%)". I've left it on over night to see if it just needed time to unpack but it hasn't moved.

The installation appears to still be active with the ellipses animation still running.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, below is some hardware info.

Processor: AMD FX-4100 Quad-core Processor (3.60ghz)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
Display Adapters: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

Solution
Yes, the MS site only allows downloads of retail COAs. A couple of things to try. Assuming it's a sata drive, remove and replug in your sata cable or replace it. Clean any smudges from your install media. If you have another drive, see if you can use your install DVD to install Windows 7. You may also want to try some free clone software to check the ssd is working.
Yes, the MS site only allows downloads of retail COAs. A couple of things to try. Assuming it's a sata drive, remove and replug in your sata cable or replace it. Clean any smudges from your install media. If you have another drive, see if you can use your install DVD to install Windows 7. You may also want to try some free clone software to check the ssd is working.

Solution