Question Trouble in paradise!

Jun 18, 2019
Ok let’s start with day one. I was playing forza and noticed I was lagging a bit. Decided to check my cpu temps and they were peaking at 150c.Thought maybe I should change my thermal paste.

Here enters problem #1- bent pins. Found the bent pins and decide to use a spare mother board. (MSI x99 plus and cpu) from my roommate who just upgraded. Problem #2- couldn’t get it to bios. 1 ram stick clear cmos 2 different graphics cards(gtx 1060 and a gtx 960). Then there was a fire, a cable on my PSU shorted it wasn’t connected to the mother board just shorted.

After that I decided to by a new mobo(asus z270 prime) for my cpu(i7-7700) still no bios! Tried every combination of components. No hard drive with hard drive, no ram with ram, 1 stick or 2 sticks, different HDMI cable and monitor and both gpu’s.

Decided to get a control sample an old computer from roommate. Tried the PSU on all combos previously mentioned. Nothing, no bios. Finally decided to plug the control sample back in and try to get to boot to bios(seeing as none for the components besides the PSU touched the other sets for components) No bios.

I am at a loss. I have tried everything I can think of. Please help!

Sorry in advance on mobile.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Are you sure it's 150°C and not 150°F (aka 65.55°C)? Since no CPU can take 150°C. Max what CPU can take is 100°C while i've seen peak temp at 102°C before PC shuts itself down to save CPU from frying.

Also, have you ever tried with 2nd, good quality and known to work PSU (e.g any Seasonic made unit)? Since when you shorted your PSU, it is highly possible that your PSU also fried any other components you connected to it. Hence why no MoBo works with your shorted PSU anymore.

Your PSU make and model (or part number) is?

Proper PSU, even when power connectors are left unplugged, doesn't short circuit nor cause a fire. In all of my PCs (3x in total, full specs with pics in my sig), i have several unplugged power connectors (PCI-E/SATA/molex) inside the PC and i have 0 problems with them.