Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 MB
AMD FX6300 CPU
16gb Crucial 3200 RAM
GTX 1060 GPU
Corair 750w PSU
Toshiba 2tb HDD
Samsung 980 SSD 2tb

Hello,

I recently upgraded my PC and had enough parts left over to make a spare pc, essentially my old pc from 2013 before any upgrades. I am having difficulty installing windows 10 onto it.

I have used the MS windows tool to create a boot drive using a flash drive. When I try to install windows I get this message:

"A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now.

Note: If the installation media for windows is in the dvd drive or on a USB drive, you can safely remove it for this step."

So I downloaded the USB and Sata drivers from the Gigabyte support page for my MB, unzipped them and put them on the flash drive too. But the windows install doesn't seem able to see them on the flash drive, or they aren't the drivers it's looking for. I am at a loss to know what to do next.

I believe my motherboard uses the old FAT32 file format and the flash drive is in this format. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Specs:
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 MB
AMD FX6300 CPU
16gb Crucial 3200 RAM
GTX 1060 GPU
Corair 750w PSU
Toshiba 2tb HDD
Samsung 980 SSD 2tb

Hello,

I recently upgraded my PC and had enough parts left over to make a spare pc, essentially my old pc from 2013 before any upgrades. I am having difficulty installing windows 10 onto it.

I have used the MS windows tool to create a boot drive using a flash drive. When I try to install windows I get this message:

"A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now.

Note: If the installation media for windows is in the dvd drive or on a USB drive, you can safely remove it for this step."

So I downloaded the USB and Sata drivers from the Gigabyte support page for my MB, unzipped them and put them on the flash drive too. But the windows install doesn't seem able to see them on the flash drive, or they aren't the drivers it's looking for. I am at a loss to know what to do next.

I believe my motherboard uses the old FAT32 file format and the flash drive is in this format. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I’ve experienced the same issue on some clean installs on some systems. What seems to be the issue most of the time is the motherboard doesn’t have drivers for the USB port that you are using. So, one solution is to try another USB port.

Outside of that, I’ve found that trying another USB drive can fix the issue in some cases. There isn’t very much knowledge on this though and I got stumped on one PC before. I tried the driver thing recommended by the manufacturer but it didn’t work either.