Trouble loading upgrades

When I go to the XP upgrade page it does not show the icons. When I tried
looking at the history and status it crashes with a run-time error Line:52
Error: 'e SortTableContainer' is undefined. Any suggestions?
--
Brian B

Hi, Brian;

Brian Baldwin wrote:
> When I go to the XP upgrade page it does not show the icons. When I tried
> looking at the history and status it crashes with a run-time error Line:52
> Error: 'e SortTableContainer' is undefined. Any suggestions?

Not sure about that error. Do you see any error numbers/entries in your
WindowsUpdate.log file related to that session? If so, what are those
8-digit Hex error codes.

One other thing that may help is to clear the storage folders, since
something there may be corrupt.

Boot into Safe Mode, then:

1. Delete this folder: ".:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2"
2. Delete this folder: ".:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download"
3. Delete this folder: ".:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore"

Reboot back into Normal mode and give Windows Update another try.

HTH :)

--

....Sky

Thanks Sky. Ill check for error number/entries and try clearing the storage
folders tonight. Also, the update page displays the small boxes that link to
a GIF but only the top one displays the GIF. Maybe that's a clue. Will
report tonight or tomorrow.
Thanks again for your help.
Brian