Trouble on Startup

Trying to get a barebones kit together, all the parts have been mounted. the
jumpers checked and rechecked all the plugs from the case to the mother
board also checked and rechecked. when I power up, no beep, no monitor the
fans run the power light comes on. tried disconnecting the tapes that
connect the hard drives,cd player and zip drive and power plugs. Same
response.
the mother board is a mach speed V600 dap And the Processor is a AMD
XP3000+. tried clearing the bios with the jumper that didn't work either.
changed video card ... no luck.
Any help ????
Skip

I would check for any shorting of the motherboard to the case. Do
you have any way to check the cpu? Hopefully it's OK.

What power supply are you using? Is it a brand name or ? Is it AMD
certified?

"Skip Charette" <user7991@neb.rr.com> wrote in message news:<c4W4d.61356$6h7.39592@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>...
> Trying to get a barebones kit together, all the parts have been mounted. the
> jumpers checked and rechecked all the plugs from the case to the mother
> board also checked and rechecked. when I power up, no beep, no monitor the
> fans run the power light comes on. tried disconnecting the tapes that
> connect the hard drives,cd player and zip drive and power plugs. Same
> response.
> the mother board is a mach speed V600 dap And the Processor is a AMD
> XP3000+. tried clearing the bios with the jumper that didn't work either.
> changed video card ... no luck.
> Any help ????
> Skip

steveh

"Skip Charette" <user7991@neb.rr.com> wrote in message
> Trying to get a barebones kit together, all the parts have been mounted.
> the jumpers checked and rechecked all the plugs from the case to the
> mother board also checked and rechecked. when I power up, no beep, no
> monitor the fans run the power light comes on. tried disconnecting the
> tapes that connect the hard drives,cd player and zip drive and power
> plugs. Same response.
> the mother board is a mach speed V600 dap And the Processor is a AMD
> XP3000+. tried clearing the bios with the jumper that didn't work either.
> changed video card ... no luck.
> Any help ????
> Skip
Try removing/reseating the CPU, and check for bent/broken pins while you
have it out.
The last one I fixed with those symptoms had a blown CPU, but that's not
necessarily the case.
Have you tried it with and without memory to see if you get any beeps?

HTH
SteveH

Found the problem, jumper on the clock speed was wrong. Thanks for the
response
Skip
"SteveH" <steve.hough@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Skip Charette" <user7991@neb.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Trying to get a barebones kit together, all the parts have been mounted.
>> the jumpers checked and rechecked all the plugs from the case to the
>> mother board also checked and rechecked. when I power up, no beep, no
>> monitor the fans run the power light comes on. tried disconnecting the
>> tapes that connect the hard drives,cd player and zip drive and power
>> plugs. Same response.
>> the mother board is a mach speed V600 dap And the Processor is a AMD
>> XP3000+. tried clearing the bios with the jumper that didn't work either.
>> changed video card ... no luck.
>> Any help ????
>> Skip
> Try removing/reseating the CPU, and check for bent/broken pins while you
> have it out.
> The last one I fixed with those symptoms had a blown CPU, but that's not
> necessarily the case.
> Have you tried it with and without memory to see if you get any beeps?
>
> HTH
> SteveH

TRENDING THREADS