Trouble restoring windows uisng System Image backup

atinesh229

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015
I've got original windows 10 on my laptop (Lenovo z51 70), I've dual booted it with ubuntu. Recently I've got an issue with my graphics driver, So I updated it through AMD's website. To be more precise I downloaded "AMD Radeon Software Crimson". Once I've installed it, I started getting this error message

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (AODDriver.sys)

001.jpg

I understand, this "AODDriver.sys" file which has got installed from the driver is creating the problem.
So after lots of restarts and trying other options, I finally tried to restore windows through "System Image Backup(in External Harddrive) which I'd created to overcome this sorts of issuees. But when I click "System Image Recovery" option in "Advanced Options" after restarting the windows,

002.jpg

I'm getting this error message

You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts

003.jpg

I just do not understand what to do, Please help...

atinesh229

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015

I do not have windows disc. Do I have to install pirated windows. I do not want to loose my original windows.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Back up everything using that linux install 1st before doing any of this

try running a reset instead which is in the same menu as troubleshooting which is one layer above advanced in the blue menu structure you are in above.

Or you can download the win 10 installer from Here and create your own Win 10 DVD or USB

Since you already have win 10 installed, when you get to part of installation asking for a key, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will activate itself

follow this if you unsure: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Back up everything you want to keep using the linux install. if that is on a 2nd drive it would be better still as Win 10 may want to wipe hdd C is on before it will install. SO backups are good.

atinesh229

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015

It got fixed, I deleted the file which was creating trouble from ubuntu. Now windows running fine, But in near future if again some weired stuff happens then again I'll get stuck. I stll do not understand why this error is coming

You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts

As windows is running now, can anybody tell me how to get around this problem.

TRENDING THREADS