Trouble running newer graphics cards

Dunhart

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Hello,

My computer has seemed to stop working with newer graphics cards. I have a Club 3D GeForce 8800 GTS and Asus EAH 5770, neither of which won't work, but my older GeForce 7650 GS does work (but for some reason now seems to cause slight wavering, as if the refresh rate was low). Here's how the story goes:

I got the 8800 GTS card over a year ago, as well as a Corsair 450W PSU and they worked fine until about a month ago when during a random startup I didn't get video signal and the PSU's fan spun at top speed continuously, without slowing down and I got no bleeps.

Since the older card still worked fine, I assumed the problem was with the video card and got the Asus EAH 5770 but experienced the same problem with it. I ordered a new Corsair 650W PSU but it didn't help with either cards.

I'm starting to run out of options here, is the motherboard malfunctioning or what?

The rest of my setup is:

Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTS
2 Gb RAM
Motherboard: M2R-FVM

I would say no, it made by machines, better bring your mobo to the professionals and hear what would they say to you. At your case i would say that your mobo is defective...
Just bring it to service center to make it sure whether your mobo is broke or not...

Dunhart

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009

But why does it only react badly to newer graphics cards?

Perillustris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
Dunhart,

I have a same problem with same mobo (with 2x2GB 800MHZ RAM, 6000+ X2). If i connect my Sapp 5770 VaporX, the BIOS doesnt start. Without the power, the OS can be loading, but the system cant view it (but the intergrated VGA can)

Did u solve your problem or find any suggestion?

I will try the new VGA in other PC, after i will read whats happen.

regards, perill