Trouble Setting Up Dual Monitor

notbirdie

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with setting up dual monitors.

I'm currently running my graphics from my graphics card via a VGA cable [I have a Asus Radeon RX 550 4GB Graphics Card, it only has one VGA slot, does not have a DVI slot].

When I plug in the VGA and/or the DVI cables into my motherboard, it doesn't work. (I have a Asrock AB350M-HDV Motherboard, in the manual it says it has triple monitor support).

If I plug one monitor into the motherboard and the other into the graphics card, the second monitor will say "No Signal". If I plug both into the motherboard, both monitors say "No Signal".

I've gone into the ASROCK UEFI BIOS to try and change the graphics settings. Most forums have suggested to go to Advanced > North Bridge Configuration and graphics settings will be there, however the only thing listed in there is 'IOMMU support' and nothing else.

In the Advanced > AMD PBS, there is an option for "Primary Video Adaptor" however that option is greyed out, and I can't click on it at all. The option there says: Ext Graphics (PEG)

It's not an issue with my monitors as far as I know, as I've plugged both into the graphics card separately and they work fine. I have two ACER V243HL's.

I'm unsure what is going wrong? Hopefully I've supplied enough information and it's easy to follow & understand.

Thank you so much!

Solution
The RX 550 4G doesn't have any VGA slots:
DVI Output : Yes x 1 (Native) (DVI-D)
HDMI Output : Yes x 1 (Native) (HDMI 2.0)
Display Port : Yes x 1 (Native) (Regular DP)

Also, your motherboard only provides video support if you have one of the new APUs, (2400g) if you have a Ryzen 1300/1600/1700 ect, you don't have any integrated graphics, so the motherboard ports don't do anything.
You can get HDMI/DP to DVI adapters easily though.

This is a VGA port:
1200px-SVGA_port.jpg
The RX 550 4G doesn't have any VGA slots:
DVI Output : Yes x 1 (Native) (DVI-D)
HDMI Output : Yes x 1 (Native) (HDMI 2.0)
Display Port : Yes x 1 (Native) (Regular DP)

Also, your motherboard only provides video support if you have one of the new APUs, (2400g) if you have a Ryzen 1300/1600/1700 ect, you don't have any integrated graphics, so the motherboard ports don't do anything.
You can get HDMI/DP to DVI adapters easily though.

This is a VGA port:
1200px-SVGA_port.jpg

Solution