Trouble setting up Netgear C6300

Tommy154

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
I just moved into a new home and I'm trying to set up a Netgear C6300 modem router. I checked that it's an approved TWC modem. I plugged in the coaxial and checked that the connection is tight. I then plugged it into the power and turned it on. So far I followed the start up guide word for word. Step 5 is to "Wait for the modem router to come online. The modem router comes online when the Internet LED stops blinking and lights solid green. This process might take up to 10 minutes."

Here's where it all goes wrong because I've been doing this for an hour to no avail. I've tried both coaxial plugs in my house. The Internet light never starts blinking. All I have is the Power, 2.4 and 5GHz are SOLID on, and the downstream light is blinking, meaning it is searching for a channel. That's all I get. For a while between switching between my 2 coaxials, the 2.4 and 5GHz lights were off too, idk how I got them on again.

I can find the SSID for the router (both 2.4 and 5G) but when I try to connect (despite that the Internet LED never comes on) it asks me to enter a WPA2 password. It's not "password" and I can't leave it blank, nor does the start up guide ever say I'd need to enter a password for this, it only gives me login info for when I open a browser and go to 192.168.0.1.

What's going on here? I'm not supposed to contact TWC (according to the start up guide and TWC's guide) until this set up process is done, so I don't think its anything to do with them. I have no idea what I'm doing but I've been following the instructions verbatim. How can I set this up?

Solution
First, forget about wireless connections until you can get a connection using a wired Ethernet machine.

And second, every time I change a modem I need to contact the ISP to update its settings for my new modem, so I would contact them with the device MAC address handy if needed and only one computer connected with an Ethernet cable. Once they allow access to the new modem it should be a simple process.

RealBeast

Titan
First, forget about wireless connections until you can get a connection using a wired Ethernet machine.

And second, every time I change a modem I need to contact the ISP to update its settings for my new modem, so I would contact them with the device MAC address handy if needed and only one computer connected with an Ethernet cable. Once they allow access to the new modem it should be a simple process.

Solution