trouble shooting

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

I have a pc that will not post. This is a new assembly with used parts.

Powers up but the monitor does not fire. What is the best way to
diagnose this? Power supply is new. I assume it is the memory, cpu or
motherboard, but I can I narrow it down? Do the diagnostic post cards
work? thanks, Ray

"Ray" <n8woz@excite.com> wrote in message
> I have a pc that will not post. This is a new assembly with used parts.
>
> Powers up but the monitor does not fire. What is the best way to
> diagnose this? Power supply is new. I assume it is the memory, cpu or
> motherboard, but I can I narrow it down? Do the diagnostic post cards
> work? thanks, Ray

No beeps? That would point to motherboard or CPU, most likely CPU. -Dave

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Thanks for the help. I have no beeps. Is there a way to diagnose it to
either mobo or cpu? Have you ever used the diagnostic pci post cards?
thanks, Ray