x570 motherboard
1000watt corsair
Amd ryzen 5 3600

GPU's
MSI 1660 ti
Giga 1660 super
Giga 1660 super
Msi 6800

When I put the 5th gpu on all connected the rig won't turn fire up. The gpu fans spin and the riser lights up but the pc doesn't boot up.

I have tried plugging the gpu into the motherboard while it is running then I can not turn the rig off for some reason.

I have tried just the gpu alone and in different pcie slots with the hdmi running to the gpu.

I did one time get the card online and running for a moment until the whole rig shut down again. While the card was online all my other card were only pulling like 20 watts..

Any ideas? Thinking update the bios in the card other then that I have no idea?

All my other cards are new except this one.

Solution
I have tried plugging the gpu into the motherboard while it is running then I can not turn the rig off for some reason.
it's very possible that this damaged the card and/or the PCIe slot it was being connected to.

you should also calculate exactly how much power this set of 5 random cards requires.
i would guess over 1000w even with a top tiered PSU.
you don't state which model you have so it can also just be an unreliable low tier Corsair model; they make quite a few low quality untrustworthy units.
Thinking update the bios in the card
if you can't get it to run then this wouldn't be possible anyway.
it's very possible that this damaged the card and/or the PCIe slot it was being connected to.

you should also calculate exactly how much power this set of 5 random cards requires.
i would guess over 1000w even with a top tiered PSU.
you don't state which model you have so it can also just be an unreliable low tier Corsair model; they make quite a few low quality untrustworthy units.
Thinking update the bios in the card
if you can't get it to run then this wouldn't be possible anyway.

Solution
Dec 20, 2021
Hey mate,

Really appricate your reply... so I did try to run the 2nd hand new gpu by its self only, but still no luck.. A friend suggested upgrading the bio in the motherboard to help with compatibility?
Or your still think the gpu is no good?

I did try to run the 2nd hand new gpu by its self only, but still no luck...
think the gpu is no good?
very possible.
if you connected the card to a dedicated PCIe slot(not riser/extension) and it was the only card drawing PSU power and it still fails to run properly i would say bad card.

if purchased through a reputable retailer or auction site they should offer return/refund policy for defective products.