Trouble using HP Laserjet 1000 on XP from Windows7

phpwebtech

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
I'm having trouble with a HP Laserjet 1000 that is connected to an XP machine and the printer is shared in the network. I want to use it as a network printer from my Windows7 machine, but it doesn't work. When I add it as a network printer, then it seams to install the driver, but later on in the installation process when it tries to connect to the printer it fails and the following message appears: "Connect to Printer - Windows cannot connect to the printer. The local printer spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine." It does not help restarting the computer.

I'm aware that there is no driver for HP Laserjet 1000 availible for Windows7. But shouldn't it be possible to use it from a Windows7 machine as a network printer on an XP machine?

G

I have found that the printer manufacturers are not making drivers for their old laser printers that work with Windows 7... Okidata Okipage 8z has no Drivers available for Windows 7... I called Okidata... They claim that it is a problem with the Win7 security that is now in place....