Question Trouble using old laptop HDD as another HDD on my desktop

kunnome

Honorable
Nov 23, 2016
Hello!

I've had very successful experience in seeking help from experts on Tom's Hardware, so my current problem led me back here. :)

I recently purchased an SSD for my laptop and successfully transferred my OS onto the new SSD.
This left me with the old 1TB laptop HDD with all the windows and stuff still on it.
(Below are exact steps I took in trying to achieve my goal)

I realized that my 1TB HDD was partitioned into roughly 400gb and 600gb partitions.
I did not want this, and I wanted both partitions to be a single one.
I right clicked both drives in 'My PC' and formatted both as NTFS.
Calling upon my 'noob' knowledge of this stuff, I remembered that I could go into CMD -> diskpart to clean and create a new primary partition.
I went into CMD -> typed in 'start diskpart' -> 'list disk' -> 'select disk 1' -> 'clean' -> 'create partition primary' -> 'active'

I did all this to find that my HDD is no longer visible in 'My PC'

I looked in Disk Management and I was able to confirm that the system recognizes the drive being connected to the PC.
Aside from my new SSD, I found 3 listing in Disk Management related to my HDD.

(Disk 0 partition 2) - Simple - Basic - __ - Healthy (EFI System Partition) - 100 MB - 100 MB - 100%
New Volume - Simple - Basic - NTFS - Healthy (Active, Primary Partition) - 931.51 GB - 931.35 GB - 100%
Recovery - Simple - Basic - NTFS - Healthy (OEM Partition) - 499 MB - 95 MB - 19%

Thanks for reading this far!
My question is: How can I have my HDD show up normally in 'My PC' to use as a normal HDD? Also, is there a way to remove the 100MB and 499MB partitions?

Thank You So Much!

kunnome

Honorable
Nov 23, 2016
Hello USAFRet
Thank you for your reply.

aGk7hTo.png