[SOLVED] Trouble With Asus Support

SMKxx1

Honorable
Feb 26, 2017
I have an Asus Turbo RTX 3090 which I was cleaning with Isopropyl Alcohol and the serial number got wiped. I do have the bill which shows the serial number. The GPU started overheating so i took it to the Asus RMA fecility to get a replacement, the GPU has 2.5 years of warrenty left. They declined my repair request and said that cleaning your GPU with any liquid solution voids my warrenty.

I would like to hear from you guys, if I should take them to consumer court or am I at fault.

Solution
yes, it's clearly stated in a lot of graphics cards and other hardware's written warranties that disassembling, cleaning with certain solutions, and altering other factors of the device will void any warranty.

plus it wouldn't matter what your invoice states because it cannot be paired with the device since there is no visible serial to compare.

not saying that you did,
but you could have easily bought a used or damaged product that doesn't have any coverage and tried to substitute it for your own legit product.
yes, it's clearly stated in a lot of graphics cards and other hardware's written warranties that disassembling, cleaning with certain solutions, and altering other factors of the device will void any warranty.

plus it wouldn't matter what your invoice states because it cannot be paired with the device since there is no visible serial to compare.

not saying that you did,
but you could have easily bought a used or damaged product that doesn't have any coverage and tried to substitute it for your own legit product.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS