[SOLVED] Trouble with Bios recognizing Keyboard

Oct 7, 2021
I've had this issue for years now, but as I attempt to set this computer up with a new SSD primary drive where I will install windows, I cannot get around it. Currently, the issue is that until it has booted to windows, it will not recognize that a keyboard is plugged in. I've done more than a bit of troubleshooting at this point, I've reset CMOS, I've reflashed it multiple times with the updates bios information for the motherboard (P8Z77-V Asus Motherboard). After resetting CMOS, I've made slightly more progress and currently I'm stuck on the "America Megatrends" page, it shows the info for my CPU (Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz) Memory (32 GB of DDR3) and then it moves to "Detected ATA/ATAPI Devices..." which shows nothing.

And finally, the kicker of
"Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting.
NO Keyboard Detected!
Press F1 to Run SETUP"

The key points are that I cannot enter BIOS whatsoever, and I can't find any solution to get into bios so that I can install windows from my USB.

I've tried over the years while trying to troubleshoot the issue, and no keyboard that I've tried thus far works. I've confirmed that they work with other computers, I've tried every USB port on the PC, I've scoured the web for literally more than 10 hours at this point or even longer when talking about the collective time searching the past few years. For no result. If anyone could help me troubleshoot this, I'd appreciate it, because I've run out of ideas, and disturbingly, it seems all forums I've seen thus far have as well. Or they solved their issue, and that solution didn't work for me.

Solution
I'm confused because the manual and pictures for the motherboard you named clearly show a ps2 port at the top of the left stack of ports so a usb to ps2 adaptor should work. Anyway, maybe you could try as a temporary test something other than a windows usb: you could try downloading a version of linux onto a usb, disconnect all other drives and try booting from that. (I always keep a usb with linux mint for emergency booting purposes). If that works, you could also try this instruction from section 3.2 of the manual which says: "If you wish to enter Setup after POST, press <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del> or press the Reset button on the system chassis". Given how quirky the Windows installation usb can be, a temporary change to another operating...
Oct 7, 2021
No actually. I haven't looked into a ps2 adapter, but it doesn't have a port for it. And when it comes to it working in the past, sorry I probably wasn't clear, it hasn't ever worked for me. By the time I got the PC, it was already doing that. So no clue on the fast boot. Even back then, any solutions I had found on the internet to get into BIOS when I had windows functioning, did not work. Be it safe mode, holding shift while powering off, etc. There's been no solution to get into bios that has worked for me.

I'm confused because the manual and pictures for the motherboard you named clearly show a ps2 port at the top of the left stack of ports so a usb to ps2 adaptor should work. Anyway, maybe you could try as a temporary test something other than a windows usb: you could try downloading a version of linux onto a usb, disconnect all other drives and try booting from that. (I always keep a usb with linux mint for emergency booting purposes). If that works, you could also try this instruction from section 3.2 of the manual which says: "If you wish to enter Setup after POST, press <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<Del> or press the Reset button on the system chassis". Given how quirky the Windows installation usb can be, a temporary change to another operating system may provide the access to the bios that you need. Once the bios is reset to its optimal values and you're able to verify that its set for ACHI drives and UEFI boot and no Fast boot, you may be able to recognize your SSD and set that up for the windows install. (The SSD should be set up as a GPT drive with absolutely no partitions, just total unallocated space).

Solution