Question Trouble with cable management

Jun 28, 2022
Hello group.

From Denmark here, so sorry for the typo´s :)

I have bought a Thermaltake Core P8 case.
I have a i9 cpu, with a 2080TI graphics card.

For my liqiud build i have bought (EKWB).:
CPU cooler - DRGB
GPU cooler - DRGB
Flow meter - DRGB
2 x distro plate - DRGB
2 x Radiators
14 Fans - DRGB - PWM

EDIT* i also have an ASUS ROG front base gaming panel that i would love to work with this system - Do you guys think this is possible?

I am curently building a 2 way cooling build with 10mm and 16mm tubes.

My problem is.: how do i connect all the power and ARGB to my motherboard and also still preserving the individually management of lighting and fan power?

EKWB has stopped the selling of their commandhub.

I have my eyes on Corsair hub, but the wiring is not the same, and converters are not eligible in Denmark.

The best option would be for me to plug everything to the motherboard (Asus rog strix z390 gaming) (Maybe through the ASUS ROG front base gaming panel?)

But i cant seem to get how i could do this, and if i can somehow preserve the control of each unit individually.

My biggest problem is the quantity of units and only 2 ARGB outputs on the motherboard.

I hope you can help :)

Thanks.
TjanoFM

Last edited:
Cooler Master has a couple nice options for hubs for fans, aRGB devices, and mixes of both.
try shopping/searching for their MasterFan series of control hubs.

each of these fan or LED hubs would only occupy a single PWM or aRGB header which could then be synced via motherboard control software or any controller device you may have.
and the mixed hubs would occupy one of each headers.

Jun 28, 2022
Hello John.

Thanks for the answer, do you know if coolermaster like corsair has their own brand of cables? I really would like to be able to use the ekwb standard cables instead of converters. I have a lot of units to plug in, can i with no problems use splitters on the build and connect to one hub, and still adress each unit individually? I would prefer if anybody knew if this was at all possible to do without the hub, if i could use splitters multiple times f.ex. and still adress all units individually. If that is at all doable. Thanks for the reply John. Nice of you.

do you know if coolermaster like corsair has their own brand of cables?
these MasterFan hubs, that i have used, all have connected via standard PWM & aRGB connection; no proprietary interface.
can i with no problems use splitters on the build and connect to one hub, and still adress each unit individually? I would prefer if anybody knew if this was at all possible to do without the hub, if i could use splitters multiple times f.ex. and still adress all units individually.
you would have to determine how much voltage is needed overall vs what is allowed by the single intended header.
from my own testing, most can only accommodate 2-3 "split" connections at max.
and still address all units individually
this would definitely be an issue because each header gets a single addressed signal from whatever software is in control.
meaning only a single LED pattern + colors for each header / or all synced together.

there's no way to use a splitter from a single particular header and alter the color/pattern to be different between multiple connected strings.