Question Trouble with installation of Windows 10, seems like I tried everything

Ageforce

Prominent
Jun 12, 2021
I've been dealing with a lot of problems with my PC recently.

I run into several different issues when I try to install a clean version of Windows 10 on my PC through USB. I've done this so many times before, and I've never had issues until now. I always format and wipe my drive when installing clean windows 10.

Detailed explanation of the error:
It seems like the errors happen randomly. Sometimes the installation of Windows 10 finishes with no problems and I'm able to boot into Windows. But other times, the installation fails or sometimes even BSOD's in the process of installation or after the installation (Where you for example choose keyboard layout). One time I reinstalled windows 7 times in a row, and 5 of those times it installed without any problems and the other 2 gave errors or bluescreened.

Some of the errors I got mid-install or after install includes:

While installing windows: Windows cannot install required files (Error code: 0x8007025D) (The error I'm getting the most right now)

After installation of windows: BSOD when choosing keyboard layout - I get a different stop code every time it BSOD's for some reason (Picture: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...017484270111043644/IMG_20220907_165938760.jpg)

Restart after windows finished installing: Secure Boot Violation. Invalid Signature Detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup (Link to picture: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...017483803142393856/IMG_20220908_180433865.jpg)

Even if windows does install, windows would BSOD after 5 minutes or longer (Basically happens randomly)

I have already tried:
  • Switching out SSD with one I know works (I completely removed my SSD from the system and replaced it with the new one)
  • Switching out both my RAM sticks with 1 RAM stick that I know works (Also tried using a different RAM slot)
  • Switching out CPU with a completely new one
  • Disconnecting/Changing peripherals like mouse, system and keyboard. Disconnected ethernet cable during install.
  • Using 2 different USB drives
  • Using default bios settings, resetting CMOS and disabling overclocks.

System specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600x
GPU: RTX 3070 (MSI Ventus 2x)
PSU: Corsair TX750M
RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz CL16
SSD: WD Blue SN550
Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P
CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Case: Be Quiet! Pure Base 500DX

Extra info:
  • Computer is about 1 year old
  • Windows 10 was originally installed on the system.
Please help me out.

Last edited:

jeremy0118

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2016
I've had an instance where both windows installation, driver installation and windows updates were giving me all sorts of weird error codes that stumped me, eventually i diagnosed that to be a motherboard issue. in your case its honestly hard to tell what could be causing it.

Ageforce

Prominent
Jun 12, 2021
I've had an instance where both windows installation, driver installation and windows updates were giving me all sorts of weird error codes that stumped me, eventually i diagnosed that to be a motherboard issue. in your case its honestly hard to tell what could be causing it.

Thanks for your reply.

It could very well be a motherboard issue, so I will try to get a replacement for it and test the system again.

Please help me out.
IMG_20220908_180433865.jpg
Disable secure boot.

Ageforce

Prominent
Jun 12, 2021
Clear secure boot keys - under key management.

Already did.

So I found out something.

If i enable CSM everything works, but if i disable it i crash.

I think Secure BOOT is enabled when CSM is disabled and I can't disable it even though I clear the keys???

When UEFI is disabled and CSM enabled, secure boot is turned off because it doesn't work with CSM.

So either my PC doesn't work with UEFI or secure boot is the problem.

You guys have any comments?

Last edited:

Ageforce

Prominent
Jun 12, 2021
Already did.

So I found out something.

If i enable CSM everything works, but if i disable it i crash.

I think Secure BOOT is enabled when CSM is disabled and I can't disable it even though I clear the keys???

When UEFI is disabled and CSM enabled, secure boot is turned off because it doesn't work with CSM.

So either my PC doesn't work with UEFI or secure boot is the problem.

You guys have any comments?

Nevermind I still crash, just took some time....

I think this is a motherboard issue. I will get it replaced in about 2 weeks and then I'll report back to you all.

I appreciate you guys trying to help :)