[SOLVED] Trouble with Mouse Gesture software, can't resinstall

Feb 7, 2020
ASUS laptop, mouse touchpad software somehow failed to install properly now its stuck and I can't seem to get past this issue. I just finished setting up a fresh build of this lappy so I would rather not have to re-install windows and everything if possible.

I'll explain the complete issue; See images of screenshots below
  1. New Windows 10 Install - freshly built laptop.
  2. Mouse gesture software installed from updates but has not installed properly - so cannot customize gestures and simple thing like two finger scroll is missing.
  3. Attempted to Uninstall, windows would not allow. Rebooted in safe mode but still windows would not uninstall the software.
  4. Attempted to simply install the downloaded touchpad software driver but windows does not allow
  5. Downloaded an Uninstaller program and it successfully uninstalled the program and registry entries
  6. Upon trying to install the touchpad software, windows still blocks the install, with the attached message
What can be done to allow the touchpad software to be installed?

See image below of the error and this is a transcript

"Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove programs on the control panel"

And of course the program is already removed from 'Add/Remove programs' list....
https://imagebin.ca/v/5BY3iK8rZHv6

Last edited: