Trouble with NetGear MR814 v1 router

I just purchased a compaq presario 2100. I cannot get the 802.11
internal Wi-Fi card to connect to my Netgear MR814 router. To make
matter even more maddening, my Dell 5100 connects just fine. Below
are the symptoms and things I have tried:

1. The Wi-Fi card sees the name on the router, my network ssid.

2. I have a 'bubble' telling me I have a wireless connection, yet when
click on the icon in the system tray I get a window showing a x
through the wireless connection in 'network connections' window

3. I have deleted the 'bridge'

Can anyone help me?

Derek_edens@comcast.net

"Derek edens" <derek_edens@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I just purchased a compaq presario 2100. I cannot get the 802.11
> internal Wi-Fi card to connect to my Netgear MR814 router. To make
> matter even more maddening, my Dell 5100 connects just fine. Below
> are the symptoms and things I have tried:
>
> 1. The Wi-Fi card sees the name on the router, my network ssid.
>
> 2. I have a 'bubble' telling me I have a wireless connection, yet when
> click on the icon in the system tray I get a window showing a x
> through the wireless connection in 'network connections' window
>
> 3. I have deleted the 'bridge'
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Derek_edens@comcast.net

Is encryption enabled on the router, but not on the Compaq?

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

I'm having the same Issue..I've updated to MR814v2..

Have two Dell laptops connecting to it fine. 1 uses a CSCO350 card,
one uses internal Dell card..

Tried installing the Cisco350 on the Presario 2100 and it doesn't work
on it either. This Presario2100 stinks!

The P2100 sees the SSID but says the signal strength is -50db
(Negative)

Please post if you find any solutions.

TechSupport from HP/Compaq is no help.

derek_edens@comcast.net (Derek edens) wrote in message news:<1b090452.0409081959.3571253c@posting.google.com>...
> I just purchased a compaq presario 2100. I cannot get the 802.11
> internal Wi-Fi card to connect to my Netgear MR814 router. To make
> matter even more maddening, my Dell 5100 connects just fine. Below
> are the symptoms and things I have tried:
>
> 1. The Wi-Fi card sees the name on the router, my network ssid.
>
> 2. I have a 'bubble' telling me I have a wireless connection, yet when
> click on the icon in the system tray I get a window showing a x
> through the wireless connection in 'network connections' window
>
> 3. I have deleted the 'bridge'
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Derek_edens@comcast.net

I'm having the same Issue..I've updated to MR814v2..

Have two Dell laptops connecting to it fine. 1 uses a CSCO350 card,
one uses internal Dell card..

Tried installing the Cisco350 on the Presario 2100 and it doesn't work
on it either. This Presario2100 stinks!

The P2100 sees the SSID but says the signal strength is -50db
(Negative)

Please post if you find any solutions.

TechSupport from HP/Compaq is no help.

derek_edens@comcast.net (Derek edens) wrote in message news:<1b090452.0409081959.3571253c@posting.google.com>...
> I just purchased a compaq presario 2100. I cannot get the 802.11
> internal Wi-Fi card to connect to my Netgear MR814 router. To make
> matter even more maddening, my Dell 5100 connects just fine. Below
> are the symptoms and things I have tried:
>
> 1. The Wi-Fi card sees the name on the router, my network ssid.
>
> 2. I have a 'bubble' telling me I have a wireless connection, yet when
> click on the icon in the system tray I get a window showing a x
> through the wireless connection in 'network connections' window
>
> 3. I have deleted the 'bridge'
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Derek_edens@comcast.net

I spent a full day playing with this combination and FINALLY SOLVED IT!

Add the Mac Address of the Presario to the MR814 ROUTER.