[SOLVED] Trouble with new build

Jul 14, 2020
Hi everyone,
Building a new PC with...

Motherboard: Z390 Auros Pro Wifi
CPU: Intel i7 8700 (8th gen)
PSU: Ultra 1000 W ATX (From old PC, main suspect)
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 2-16 GB
Graphics Card: MSI Ventus XS GeForce GTX 1660 (not yet installed)
CPU Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

When I turn it on the Aorus board does nothing, no fans, just the CPU LED flashes. I have reset ed the CPU and RAM, and checked PSU connections. Has anyone run into this before or can assist me?

I greatly appreciate it, thank you in advance.

Update: I've stripped down to the motherboard, 1 stick of RAM and CPU. No progress, nothing turns on just two flashes from the CPU LED on the motherboard.

Last edited:
Solution
Did you check that all your cables and cables that lead to system fans are connected to the correct ports on the MB? Is your case turned on? If your graphics card is not yet installed, you want to make sure it's installed with everything just in case. It would help if you sent photos of your build in case there's anything you might have missed.
Mar 19, 2020
Did you check that all your cables and cables that lead to system fans are connected to the correct ports on the MB? Is your case turned on? If your graphics card is not yet installed, you want to make sure it's installed with everything just in case. It would help if you sent photos of your build in case there's anything you might have missed.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS