Question Trouble with XMP/Overclocking my ram

SpeedCola

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
Yeah well. I've got an 8gb (single module) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz. I tried to use XMP profile in bios to overclock it, everything seems to be working fine, bios shows overclock speeds, everything is saved. Once i enter windows, any programs I use to view ram clock speeds, it shows the same 1400mhz, what's going on? I know it doesn't reset because once i boot into bios again it still shows overclock speeds (around 3000mhz). I haven't updated my bios because i'm afraid i'll brick it pretty much. Bios version is the second version to have ever come out, and there are 10 of them in total. MOBO is gigabyte b450m ds3h, ios version F2. I just updated the AMD Chipset drivers too, if that matters. Pics: View: https://imgur.com/a/25ChgZd

Yeah well. I've got an 8gb (single module) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz. I tried to use XMP profile in bios to overclock it, everything seems to be working fine, bios shows overclock speeds, everything is saved. Once i enter windows, any programs I use to view ram clock speeds, it shows the same 1400mhz, what's going on?
Your DDR RAM is working just fine and running very close to rated speed.
DDR stands for Double Data Rate
1496.4MHz x 2 = 2993MHz.

Reactions: SpeedCola