Question TROUBLES DETECTING MY 8GB OF RAM

Dec 22, 2017
hey, long time ago I have a problem and was since I changed my generic power supply (was damaged and stopped working), the new is a Seasonic S12III 650 SSR-650GB3 650W 80+ Bronze ATX12V, as the problem is that my mobo has 4 ports for 4 ram modules, I have 2 sticks of 4gb a total of 8gbs then the problem is that when the pc dectects the 8gb the pc freezes and when I only use 4gb on any port the pc works normally, mostly the mobo recognizes 1 single stick, and I have to change the ram to another module, so I thought the problem was ports but if I just put 1 stick on any of the ports works perfect, but if I put the 2 modules to detect 8gb the pc does not recognize it and if it recognizes it the pc freezes. please help! is this a mobo issue or is the psu or the ram?

Mr.Spock

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
check for bios upgrades, many address such issues. Often the mobo mfrs ask you diagnose only using a single stick for that reason.

If both sticks work in the single slots by themselves it generally rules out the RAM, and point to bios or controller incompatibility

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS