Dec 22, 2017
hey, long time ago I have a problem and was since I changed my generic power supply (was damaged and stopped working), the new is a Seasonic S12III 650 SSR-650GB3 650W 80+ Bronze ATX12V, as the problem is that my mobo has 4 ports for 4 ram modules, I have 2 sticks of 4gb a total of 8gbs then the problem is that when the pc dectects the 8gb the pc freezes and when I only use 4gb on any port the pc works normally, mostly the mobo recognizes 1 single stick, and I have to change the ram to another module, so I thought the problem was ports but if I just put 1 stick on any of the ports works perfect, but if I put the 2 modules to detect 8gb the pc does not recognize it and if it recognizes it the pc freezes. please help! is this a mobo issue or is the psu or the ram?

check for bios upgrades, many address such issues. Often the mobo mfrs ask you diagnose only using a single stick for that reason.

If both sticks work in the single slots by themselves it generally rules out the RAM, and point to bios or controller incompatibility