[SOLVED] Troubles with processor decreasing my fps to 10 suddlently

Aug 17, 2020
I'm experiencing some troubles with my FX-8350. I know it's an old processor but these days it lost lots of performance.
I was able to run lots of games with it at 60 fps, however it started to suddently reach 100% usage and drop my frames to 10.

My cpu temperature oscillates between 30ºC and 50ºC but when my frames drop from 80 to 10 the cpu usage goes from 70-80 to 100 and the temperature falls to less than 30ºC. This framerate drops are present even in old games like bf4 that i was able to run at 100+ fps, with minimum fps of 50 and nowadays it reachs 20 fps almost everytime.

Does some have any idea about it?

My config:
Grafic Card - Geforce GTX1060 6G
Processor - AMD FX-8350 4,0GHz Base Clock
Motherboard - m5a78l-m plus/usb3
RAM - 16GB - DDR3 1333MGz 2x4 - 1x8 (I know im missing ram performance
Power Supply - Corsair CX750W
Water Cooler CoolerMaster Masterliquid Lite 120 - MLW-D12M-A20PW-R1

Solution
Based on what you've provided so far, there could be any number of things:
-Motherboard VRMs thermal throttling, compounded by the FX-8350 - which that mobo wasn't physically designed to handle - and the 120mm CLC.
-If I recall correctly, Flex Mode wasn't a thing in a board that old, so you're actually running in single channel mode, not dual, which isn't helping things here.
-120mm CLC's pump is dead or clogged.
2 out of 3 point to some kind of thermal throttling, but as I posted, there could be other things going on - this is just what I've inferred from the provided info.

Also, you're not using the correct application to read the cpu's thermals. Use AMD Overdrive: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4645-amd-overdrive.html
The...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Based on what you've provided so far, there could be any number of things:
-Motherboard VRMs thermal throttling, compounded by the FX-8350 - which that mobo wasn't physically designed to handle - and the 120mm CLC.
-If I recall correctly, Flex Mode wasn't a thing in a board that old, so you're actually running in single channel mode, not dual, which isn't helping things here.
-120mm CLC's pump is dead or clogged.
2 out of 3 point to some kind of thermal throttling, but as I posted, there could be other things going on - this is just what I've inferred from the provided info.

Also, you're not using the correct application to read the cpu's thermals. Use AMD Overdrive: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4645-amd-overdrive.html
The cpu thermals should be read for 'distance to TJ Max', and not the present. FX-8350 has a thermal margin of 61C, so when you use Overdrive, the readings will count DOWN from that number as the cpu warms up.
Single digits, 0, and negative numbers are bad.

Solution