Troubles with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

HydraF

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
I just got this Dell XPS desktop just under a month ago now. One day it just started randomly spewing out blue screens and the only consolation the text offered me was "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". At first, the crashes were inconsistent. But, hell, I doubt I'll even be able to finish this post, and if I do, cool. I've tried doing some fixing myself through Windows downloads and performing some driver updates, but I think I was doing something wrong. Either way. I saw on one of the forums about the IRQL issue that leaving a dropbox link to the .dmp file would help anyone trying to help me out. So, here's one .dmp file.

Dropbox Link 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uwlf6hn28mk0e2r/082416-16328-01.dmp?dl=0

And just for kicks and giggles, I'll leave a second dropbox link to another .dmp file of mine. Though I'm sure both will contain the same strings of errors, who knows? Thanks to anyone willing to help me out.

Dropbox Link 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h54hchr6h0hkjgo/082516-21437-01.dmp?dl=0

Solution
second bugcheck was basically the same but while your microsoft brower was doing network calls.
I would check for a updated Webroot SecureAnywhere filter driver. wrUrlFlt.sys
it just came out, i would expect they might know what the problem is by now. it has been out for 23 days.

-----------------
I would uninstall the Webroot SecureAnywhere filter driver, or try to find out if it has a known conflict with the other 2 antivirus packages you are running.
generally you would only run one antivirus. I just just the microsoft version and then run malwarebytes free version every few weeks for extra checking.

first bugcheck looks like microsoft onedrive was trying to sync up and filter got involved and caused a bugcheck.
the filter...
second bugcheck was basically the same but while your microsoft brower was doing network calls.
I would check for a updated Webroot SecureAnywhere filter driver. wrUrlFlt.sys
it just came out, i would expect they might know what the problem is by now. it has been out for 23 days.

-----------------
I would uninstall the Webroot SecureAnywhere filter driver, or try to find out if it has a known conflict with the other 2 antivirus packages you are running.
generally you would only run one antivirus. I just just the microsoft version and then run malwarebytes free version every few weeks for extra checking.

first bugcheck looks like microsoft onedrive was trying to sync up and filter got involved and caused a bugcheck.
the filter was wrUrlFlt.sys part of Webroot SecureAnywhere and developed by Webroot
Image name: wrUrlFlt.sys
Timestamp: Wed Aug 03 07:38:54 2016

generally I would be looking for updated drivers for a network driver or maybe a conflict with another software driver like a second virus scanner
Kaspersky or McAfee in this case. (looks like you have both installed)

machine info:
Vendor Dell Inc.
BIOS Version 2.1.3
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 01/20/2016
Product Name XPS 8900
Product 0XJ8C4
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Processor Voltage 8bh - 1.1V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 4400MHz
Current Speed 3400MHz

Solution

HydraF

Commendable
Jul 27, 2016
Thank you! I'll give it a few hours, but considering my subscription to Webroot just ended anyway, I'll uninstall that.

And actually, thanks for reminding me of Malewarebytes. I always had preferred using that one, but I just couldn't remember the name of it, hence me dumping all these other ones onto my hard drive. Thank you again!