Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
Build :-
ryzen 7 1700
b450 pro carbon AC
3200 mhz 8x2 gb ram
Rx 580 8gb special edition
1tb HDD

the problem that i have is that when i try to run any games my screen goes black, theres a red light near my cpu and my pc is just BLANK, i have to press the reset button to get back, it happens only under stress test or while intensive gaming not during any usual day to day tasks

people are saying its my PSU (link given below)

https://www.amazon.in/CHIPTRONEX-GB650-Bronze-Gaming-Supply/dp/B07D2F2Y2R

All products were purchased on 1st of this month so nothing old used in this rig

hope i can figure this out

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If it was a quality 650w PSU, then yes, it should be sufficient. However, that particular PSU is of VERY questionable quality.

These are classic PSU failure symptoms. Best advice I can give...replace the PSU with a better one. Sorry.

Also, check your CPU and GPU temps. If overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory), stop and revert to stock speeds. This could help lower the load on the PSU.

USAFRet

Titan
replacing or buying a new one is not an option as i have paid 60$ for it, it does say 650W why cant it power an rx 580 and a simple b450 motherboard
That you paid $60 for it does not make it a good PSU.

The symptoms you list, and that off brand power supply...lead to a probable case of "crappy power supply".
It does not matter that it has "650w" printed on the side.

Dhruvsharma051999

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
Could a faulty wall be a reason for this ?
I actually ran furmark and kombustor and every time they gave up in minutes but I took my rig to another room and ran it again to find out they each ran for 15mins and could run more but I ended them ?

I do have a faulty socket in the wall ( I switch on the fan and the PC restarts, turn on the lights does the same)

What do you guys think ?

Dhruvsharma051999

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
I was able to play on high settings for about two hours straightaway without any hangs or resets ( didnt try ultra as PC was quite hot but im sure i could play ultra too) looks like my problem was the faulty socket in the wall.