[SOLVED] Troubleshoot: My system and games keeps crashing

Feb 21, 2020
My games crash around every 5-60mins, so it’s very random. That’s the main reason I think its not overheating and I checked the gpu temperature. But I don’t know if the cpu is cool enough. My cpu also is using very high amounts of power, says my task manager. My specs are;
Gpu: Gtx 980 ti
Cpu: i7-3770
Motherboard: hp carver a
Ram: 16 gbs
700w power supply
i have a hard drive and a ssd, but don't know there names.
My pc will also turn on and the fans and gpu lights will come on, but then it will turn off 1-5 seconds later. Idk whats wrong with it, it’s my first pc and it sucks that it won’t run properly.

Solution
That is a frighteningly poor quality power supply that never should have been paired with any build remotely like this.

I'd replace this PSU immediately even if I didn't have any other problem. There's likely more going on here, too, but from your description, it's really hard to tell. Are games crashing to desktop or is the whole PC going on? When was this PC build? How long has it worked? What are the CPU temperatures? If you don't know i fthe CPU is running cool enough, we certainly don't, and the proper thing to do is to actually find out.

DSzymborski

Titan
That is a frighteningly poor quality power supply that never should have been paired with any build remotely like this.

I'd replace this PSU immediately even if I didn't have any other problem. There's likely more going on here, too, but from your description, it's really hard to tell. Are games crashing to desktop or is the whole PC going on? When was this PC build? How long has it worked? What are the CPU temperatures? If you don't know i fthe CPU is running cool enough, we certainly don't, and the proper thing to do is to actually find out.

Solution
Feb 21, 2020

The games just close or they freeze and sometimes ill get a error message. This pc hasn't been running very long, it’s very new and idk if the guy that built it for was any experienced, i think he just knew how to put parts in and that is it. He gave me it a while ago but i haven’t used it much be cause it just annoying to play on because my games crash so much. I only have like 28 hours on my games and ive had this pc for 2 months. Once my pc turns on ill figure out a way to check the cpu temperature, I was just asking if the cpu could be a factor.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020
What would be a good power supply that I could buy thats somewhat cheap, because if the one I need is expensive, then i’m just gonna sell the parts in my pc and save up for a new custom built pc, that I actually make and buy the parts for.