[SOLVED] Troubleshooting black screen with Error 67 with new Ram

Jan 22, 2021
Searching forums in hopes of a solution but now at the point of asking those much smarter than I.

I have a working desktop that I recently picked up ram upgrade (used purchase)

With 2 upgraded ram sticks installed, motherboard flashes error 67 and system does not post. Only black screen.

I’ve isolated issue down to one of the new ram sticks (let’s call it stick B). If I remove this problematic stick B and try only stick A. Computer runs fine.

Any permutation of slots / sticks that involve stick B, results in black screen and error 67. Any slot with ONLY stick A, runs fine.

Is this a completely dead stick or any chance I have any other options to try out?

Big thanks to anyone who can lend a moment.
-Cheers

Solution
If you put stick B in the slot of stick A when it's working and it's not working than the stick is dead.

The RAM was probably sold not working as used to begin with. You did not see the RAM work before you buy them. The risk of buying something used and trusting the seller with the "It's working fine trust me".
If you put stick B in the slot of stick A when it's working and it's not working than the stick is dead.

The RAM was probably sold not working as used to begin with. You did not see the RAM work before you buy them. The risk of buying something used and trusting the seller with the "It's working fine trust me".

Reactions: Swampduck1311
Solution
Jan 22, 2021

The RAM was probably sold not working as used to begin with. You did not see the RAM work before you buy them.

Damn.
Makes perfect sense though.
Just to kick a dead horse one last time...Black screen is enough symptom to call that stick dead and move on?

Thanks for such a quick reply !