Question Troubleshooting DRAM light - no boot or power to peripherals

Jul 19, 2020
My previously working build imploded two weeks ago. I shut the system down normally but when I came back to it, it would turn on/spin fans/light up RGB but wouldn't boot or power any of the peripherals (keyboard, mouse, headphones, monitor).

Things I have tried in roughly chronological order: Tried RAM sticks individually in all permutations on the motherboard. Tried a different outlet / replaced CMOS battery. Replaced the PSU. Removed the GPU (no onboard graphics) but still won't power the peripherals. Replaced the motherboard. Replaced the wiring. Triple inspected CPU but looks good visually.

At this point my new motherboard lights up the DRAM LED, so I bought new RAM and tried them individually in all permutations with no change. At this point I am closing in on an entirely new system (minus CPU, GPU, and HDD) but still have the same unresolved issue.

System Configuration:
MotherBoard: Asus X570 Plus (WiFi)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Memory: 8GB Ballistix x2, 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGBx2
PSU: GameMax PSU 850W Fully Modular
Display: Asus VS239H-P 23in Full HD
Storage: Toshiba 2TB HD
GPU: EVGA GTX 1050 Ti

I suspect the next step is to replace the CPU or GPU but I want to see if any of you fine folks have other ideas before I drop even more money into this.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS