Question Troubleshooting EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (Black Edition)

silversongshelties

Reputable
Jan 25, 2018
I've been having long standing freezes, crashes and unusual sounds during those (sounds like a loud PC startup all the way to a nasty electronic buzzing sound) and it's recently getting worse to the point my PC shuts down. So far I've tried updating the Nvidia video drivers, and checked all gpu connections, nothing obvious and no change. I'm considering removing the gpu I installed and going back to the integrated graphics to see if this resolves any issues, but I'm not finding much on Google to suggest that's a good idea. Next thought is to get a cheap (lol, yeah) graphics card to run and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, then it's likely my 1070 Ti at fault. If not, then I can go after HP while I still have warranty.

Suggestions on any of the above? Things I haven't thought of? I'm a novice at PC components and troubleshooting, so explanations greatly appreciated in responses! :)

More Info:
I'm in Canada, funds are limited atm so not building a new PC just yet.
My PC specs:
HP Omen 880-109 Desktop with Tampa2 motherboard, CPU i5 8400, 500W PSU, running Windows 10 64 bit, 16G ddr4 ram, NVMe M.2 500G for system files, SSDs for backup and storage (a thought here, one of these contains the original Windows and system files, issues with that?).

silversongshelties

Reputable
Jan 25, 2018
Update: Upgraded my PSU to a Seagate Focus PX-750 and still having the same issues :( So I'm back to looking at my GPU as the likely culprit.

All I have available in GPU's are two really old cards, a GeForce GTS 250 (2009, never tested by me to work) and an AMD HD Radeon 5440 (2010, from my old PC). I "think" I located the latest drivers for both, but don't know what I need to do to get them working with this PC. Will I need to do anything with BIOS? Do I have to remove my GTX 1070 Ti drivers for this test? I'll only be running the old card for a few hours to see if it gets rid of the issues my PC is experiencing.