[SOLVED] Troubleshooting Graphic card is getting hot after I switch to 144 Hz refresh rate even on desktop

Apr 18, 2021
I am using Geforce GTX 980 Ti Asus Strix and it is connected to Acer Predator XB271HU. Active resolution is 2560x1440. When I switch to 144 Hz refresh rate I can see my graphic card heating up (I use GPU Temp for monitoring this). When I lower it to 120 Hz, the temperature starts dropping. Is there sth wrong with my setup or is this how it works?

Solution
I am using Geforce GTX 980 Ti Asus Strix and it is connected to Acer Predator XB271HU. Active resolution is 2560x1440. When I switch to 144 Hz refresh rate I can see my graphic card heating up (I use GPU Temp for monitoring this). When I lower it to 120 Hz, the temperature starts dropping. Is there sth wrong with my setup or is this how it works?
The question more or less how much is it climbing 4c 6c normal idle if higher you have a issue
This is how this works the card is working harder to push more frames
try different driver?

The question more or less how much is it climbing 4c 6c normal idle if higher you have a issue

Solution