Question Troubleshooting help with problem PC ?

Buffalufacus

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2013
I am having an issue with one of my older secondary PCs which has:

Asus VI Hero /Gigabyte Z87-HD3
i5-4670k,
GTX 970,
16gb Ram,
750w/1050w PSU.

A week ago, I had powered up my PC, went into windows like normal, opened up a program and my PC instantly crashed. I went to turn it back on, and got nothing, no lights no fan, no error code, just a click for power and nothing.

Things I tried:
Reset CMOS, Remove and switch Ram, Remove GPU, Swap Power supply, try different outlet, even swapped motherboards. After the motherboard swap, I was able to get literally 1 second of fan spin/color etc then immediate shut down. This was on both PSU, and trying to start by using power button, and shorting. I have also tried switching CPU (i7 4770) which now gets me into a boot loop, no display or bios but constant loop.

Pins on the motherboard look fine, and I'm only testing the system now with CPU, Cooler, MoBo and 1 stick of ram, outside the case.

At this point, I'm thinking about just giving it up and waiting until the fall of 22 to build a new, cheap system.

I know this thing being 7 years old is almost ancient these days, I'm surprised it would just up and die after all this time.
Thanks for any extra help anyone can give!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS