Troubleshooting: MB reboot cycle

BlueDaGun

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015
I just recently (around a day ago) built a new computer featuring a 380 and 6600k. Worked fine for a couple hours, after which the computer started to crash suddenly, and id have to restart. Opened it up, took everything out and tested it, tried to post and I was greeted with the reboot cycle of death... Fan starts spinning normally, no post, fan turns off, repeat. MB is MSI Z170A SLI Plus.

Wondering if there's something I can do to troubleshoot or if the MB is completely shot, could it be the CPU?

BlueDaGun

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015

Yes, removing 1 and then the other and testing both out individually yielded the same result. The MB does however seem to start normally when I turn it on, It just gives no post and starts the cycle.

BlueDaGun

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015

Yes, removing 1 and then the other and testing both out individually yielded the same result. The MB does however seem to start normally when I turn it on, It just gives no post and starts the cycle.

BlueDaGun

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015

BlueDaGun

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015

BlueDaGun

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015

BlueDaGun

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015

BlueDaGun

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015

BlueDaGun

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015

BlueDaGun

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015

BlueDaGun

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015

Yes, removing 1 and then the other and testing both out individually yielded the same result. The MB does however seem to start normally when I turn it on, It just gives no post and starts the cycle. Ill probably RMA it and get another, I'm just worried it could be something else like the CPU causing the problem; I don't have an extra one to try it out with.