Question Troubleshooting new build: Is this a bad motherboard?

Jul 21, 2019
Asrock B450 Pro4
Ryzen 3600
2x8 3200 Vulcan
5700xt Saffire Pulse
Rosewill 550w Gold
Adata sx8200

My problem is that after posting, during Windows install, I get a blue screen flash onscreen of Windows error and then a reboot. This happens during or immediately after the Getting files ready step.

I have tried using other ddr4 ram from a working machine, using another working storage drive, using diskpart to clean and convert both drives to GPT before installing, reseating everything, booting from M2 after blue screen (please select bootable drive prompt).

Is this likely a motherboard issue?

Jul 21, 2019
Update: Swapped MOBOs. Same issue. During Windows install during the Getting files ready, the PC reboots after a blue screen Windows error flashes. The red CPU debug light comes on and is solid on the MOBO.

Any suggestions or is the CPU bad?

Jul 21, 2019
Was the other motherboard you tried also a B450? Most B450/X470 motherboards need an updated BIOS to work with the 3000 series CPU's.

I have a x570 MSI board in there now.

Power supply does not meet the minimum published System Requirements to run that video card.
  • Recommended 650 Watt Power Supply (Minimum 600 Watt Power Supply).
  • 1 x 8-pin Power Connector.
  • 1 x 6-pin Power Connector.
https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/pulse-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8g-gddr6
Everywhere online people are posting builds with this 5700xt model and ryzen 9 chips using 550w psus. I'm confused.

Nov 6, 2019
Graphic's card manufacturers tend to put a high minimum spec for PSU due to having the wattage of other components in mind. The card on it's own won't reach that 600w or 650w limit, but you may have other components that when added with the card do so.

That's why it's possible to use graphics cards that have high psu recommendations with lower psu's on some older pc's with ram/cpu's and motherboards that require less power. It's definitely possible to use a 550w but not necessarily recommended.

Jul 21, 2019
Graphic's card manufacturers tend to put a high minimum spec for PSU due to having the wattage of other components in mind. The card on it's own won't reach that 600w or 650w limit, but you may have other components that when added with the card do so.

That's why it's possible to use graphics cards that have high psu recommendations with lower psu's on some older pc's with ram/cpu's and motherboards that require less power. It's definitely possible to use a 550w but not necessarily recommended.
Using the Seasonic calculator for my build
"Load Wattage:411 W
Recommended PSU Wattage:461 W "