Troubleshooting NEW build - no video, no post, no beeps

kang2995

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014
Hi I built a new computer and I cannot get it to post or display video and it does NOT beep at all. I returned the MOBO thinking it was dead and got another one, same exact one, and still having the same problems. When I removed ram and booted, I got some beeps (1 long, 2 short beeps) When I put the ram back in and booted, it returned to 0 beeps. This is as far as I've gotten, I've tried booting with no video card, nothing connected, etc and still no success. All wires and power connections are correct, brass stand offs are right, I have taken computer and re-did everything twice. Also have tried using video card port and motherboard video port. Here is my system specs:

Motherboard - Asus Z97-A LGA-1150
CPU - Intel i5 LGA 1150 - 4670K Haswell quad-core 3.4ghz
Memory - G-skill Sniper series 8 gig DDR3 1866
Video - Sapphire duel x Radeon R7 265 2 gig
PSU - EVGA 100-W1-500-KR 500W
Storage - Samsung 840 EVO 120g SSD
- Western Digital Blue 1 tera, 7200 RPM 64m cache
Optical -LiteOn sata dvd burner

Thank you ahead of time for anyone's help. I'm stuck in west Texas and NEED my computer lol, also no chance out here of getting in-person tech support. Thank you again.

vampyiere6

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

yea check all cables again, and do you have the 4/8 pin cables connected to the motherboard too for the cpu?

do you have 2 sticks or 1 stick of ram if you use 2 check they are in the right slots and if you have try with one stick only.

and you get no picture or anything so you cant go into bios?

i would say check all cables and the 4/8 pin ones many people forget them.

kang2995

Reputable
Jul 12, 2014
Yes I've checked all cables and power connections. I have two sticks of ram. I tried booting with no ram and was able to get a bunch of beeps, but when ram is installed, no beeps at all and still no video. I tried booting 1 stick at a time in each of the dimm slots and re-did with the other stick that i got. still nothing, no bios, no video, no beeps.

I think i'm gonna have to take it to a shop :/

vampyiere6

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
And you are really sure you have all cables connected? 24pin for motherboard, 4/8 pin for cpu, 6pin/8 pin for video card depending on model, sata cable and power cable to both hard drives? 1 sata from motherboard to the ssd/hdd and one power from psu to ssd/hdd.

And like you said you tried ram in both slots both and 1 at a time?

tried without gpu and with gpu?

and you have the cpu in the right way where the arrow is and locked in place right?