Troubleshooting New PC Build

axescot

Honorable
Nov 18, 2016
I recently built a new PC and just about finished working out all the kinks. One is left. When I turn off my computer and come back to it the next day, my keyboard lights have reset and my desktop wallpaper goes to a new setting (span rather than tile). I also notice my printer will light, which it only does if it's in use or the power to it has been cut off and brought back.

I am thinking all 3 are related and it has something to do with the ASUS motherboard software suite, which monitors and controls the fans, CPU speed and voltage, and LED lighting. Otherwise, it must be a windows 10 issue or my graphics card. My graphics card is 10 years old and planning to replace it soon. However, I never had this problem with it in my previous build - although it was a completely different build.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

My build:
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
ASUS X470-PRO
Corsair Vengence LPX 8gbx2
AMD Radeon HD 5670
Windows 10 Pro - OEM

axescot

Honorable
Nov 18, 2016
actually I had everything off for a little while and no problems. I uninstalled everything except the lighting and restarted the lighting and had the same issue. even the lighting software is no good. is there any freeware that's good for controlling the led lighting? not that important, just nice to have.