[SOLVED] Troubleshooting pc build

Jul 26, 2020
So ive been having various issues with my pc build:

i7-6700k
rx 5600xt
16gb ddr4
cooler master hyper 212 evo
evga 700w bronze

the first issue that i noticed was with my cpu temps , im using a cooler master hyper 212 evo which ive reinstalled about 5 times atp and im 100% sure its correctly installed and im running my i7 6700k undervolted to 1.9v and getting max temps under load of about 75c which is kind of a bummer as i was hoping to atleast run the cpu at stock clocks with decent temps. My gpu gets up to around 77c under full load which ive read is fine for an xfx raw II pro model.

Oddly enough one day my pc turned off one day and the dram light flashed on my asus z270-a motherboard flashed orange indicating a dram problem , oddly using 1 dimm in the third dimm slot worked and i read that this board had some dram compatibility issues and needed a bios update , i then updated the bios and installed all sticks of ram and have not had any issues related to memory up to this point.

However today my pc cut power 3 times all of which occured when opening the same game (the sims 4) and occurred seconds after opening the application i assumed this was an issue with my psu (evga 700w bronze) but the issue no longer occurs , i have the psu faced down and ive moved the fan on my cpu cooler towards the exhaust fan as i only have 1 exhaust case fan in the back and i have a vent on top the case im using is a Enermax Makashi MK50 which only has on exhaust fan and no intake however it has a mount for one at the bottom.

My question is mainly what i can do to improve cpu temps and what the main culprit for the other issues is?

Solution
I would suggest getting a new psu. If it’s beyond it warranty date it’s just a matter of time and potentially what else it could damage on the way out.
Jul 26, 2020
How old is the psu? How long was the warranty period on it?
I got it used off ebay (where i got all my parts with the exception of the gpu) ive stress tested the ram and can confirm thats not the issue , could it be the psu overheating? Ive seen my cpu and gpu be at 100% usage and my pc didnt reboot when that happened , it seems to reboot at odd moments like in the middle of a game.