Question [Troubleshooting] PC powers on - then nothing

tang.tjf

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017
Hi everyone! I've recently run into some trouble with a custom-built PC that was working fine for the last few months till this morning when I tried to restart it and it didnt restart at all. The only thing I did before restarting was delete a bunch of credentials from the Windows credential manager.

So far this is what I have
  • system powers on, fans and attached RGB components (RAM and Fans) light up
  • no display output
  • connected RGB peripherals (Mouse/Keyboard) do not light up
Fixes I have tried (none have worked)
  • reseating all components (RAM and GPU)
  • booting with 1 stick of ram
  • clearing the CMOS
  • made sure all the cables are plugged in fully
System info is as follows
  • Ryzen 2600 w/ Coolermaster AIO
  • 16GB TeamGroup Delta RGB RAM at 3000 MHz
  • 256gb Patriot Scorch NVMe SSD
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
  • MSI Ventus RTX 2060
  • Aorus B450i Motherboard (Latest BIOS)
  • Windows 10 Pro (fully updated)
  • Corsair CX450 450W 80+ Bronze PSU
System has never been overclocked and latest malware scan using Avast didnt pick up any virus that might have caused a crash. The PC simply powered down from a fully functional state and did not power back on again.

I'm not sure what the issue is but I'm thinking it might be the MoBo since I can't even get power to the peripherals to power the RGB on them. I do not have any spare hardware lying around to use to trouble shoot individual parts aside from what has been listed above. any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

g-unit1111

Titan
There's two things that I see wrong with this that could possibly be interfering with your setup.

1) You're pairing a Corsair CX450 with a MSI 2060. It's quite possible that PSU is under powered for your setup and not delivering the proper amount of power that your CPU and GPU need. You could try running your system with a much stronger PSU like a Seasonic Focus or Corsair RM and see what happens.

2) It could be that all in one cooler. Have you tried removing that and using the AMD stock cooler and seeing what happens?

3) If removing the cooler fails, it's quite possible that something could have got bent / broken in the building process. You should check for any bent pins on your motherboard / CPU anywhere. If that happens, your system won't power on.

TRENDING THREADS