[SOLVED] Troubleshooting question

Jul 18, 2021
So I have had 2 ASUS 1080ti's, using an SLI setup on my PC for about a month now. One of them has the higher boost clock and one doesn't. I have came to realize that these are not as optimal as I thought they were so I decided to sell the one I recently bought which is the non-factory overclocked one. While taking it out, I had to remove my main gpu to take out the one I was selling. When I reinstalled my original one back into the system I loaded it up and now;
#1, two of the three lights on the fans and the fans themselves are not working;
#2 I loaded up GpuZ and it shows the GPU clock is at 0, even when looking at peak, lowest, and average.
#3 upon loading the computer I no longer see nvidia control panel on the system tray like I used to
#4 my second monitor is no longer detected.

If anyone has any tips on what may have caused this issue and any advice to fix it would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to switch the PCIe slots and used different power supply cables as well.

Solution
Re-install the graphics drivers, either using Nvidia's installer to do a full wipe, or downloading Display Driver Uninstaller.
Jul 18, 2021
Re-install the graphics drivers, either using Nvidia's installer to do a full wipe, or downloading Display Driver Uninstaller.

Thanks for the response, I have tried to reinstall nvidia geforce experience and the drivers but it remains the same issue. The fans on the GPU arent running and it is showing GPU clock 0.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
There is an option for a clean install on the Nvidia drivers.

DDU is a more sure method, it will remove all video drivers from the system and accompanying settings.

As for the fans not lighting up or spinning, most GPUs have partial silent modes when not under load. I would think the LEDs would be on regardless, though.

You haven't mentioned any stress tests or GPU performance, does the card function?

Nothing says the card didn't die, but you would need to verify that with at least one more system to be sure.

Jul 18, 2021
There is an option for a clean install on the Nvidia drivers.

DDU is a more sure method, it will remove all video drivers from the system and accompanying settings.

As for the fans not lighting up or spinning, most GPUs have partial silent modes when not under load. I would think the LEDs would be on regardless, though.

You haven't mentioned any stress tests or GPU performance, does the card function?

Nothing says the card didn't die, but you would need to verify that with at least one more system to be sure.

I will try completely cleaning and installing. I am leaning more towards the card dying though. As far as performance, it feels like im on the integrated graphics. My monitors refresh rate is unable to be changed from 64 to 144 like previously. Before removing the second card they were both showing clock speeds now this one doesn’t even show idle speeds, its stuck at 0.

Jul 18, 2021
Well, I ran DDU and after the restart from SAFE mode, i tried to install nvidia geforce experience. Upon doing so, it told me "Cannot install at this time, another installation is in progress" and moments later it just started working again like nothing happened.