• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question Troubleshooting random system crashes

Aug 6, 2019
Hello,

I need some help trying to figure out what is going on with my computer. While I am playing certain games or randomly when my computer is sitting at the desktop it crashes to a black screen (no blue screen or error message) and completely reboots. Some games I play have been fine but the most frequent crashes have occurred when playing Overwatch but it has happened during other times as well seemingly at random.

System components:
  • Corsair CX-750 750 Watt power supply
  • Intel Core i7 8700K CPU
  • Gigabyte Aorus H370 Gaming 3 WiFi motherboard
  • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RGB RAM
  • Gigabyte Aorus 1070 Ti graphics card
  • Sandisk 500GB SSD & Samsung 120GB SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO cooler
Things that I have tried but the issue still occurs:
  • The corsair CX-750 was bought a few weeks ago, I swapped that out for my old 750 watt power supply but the same issue occurs
  • I have tried installing the RAM in different slots, each stick one at a time in different slots
  • I reseated the CPU and cleaned off the thermal compound and reapplied some, I checked the pins on the mobo and CPU and did not see any paste on them
  • I reseated the GPU
  • I have reinstalled Windows 10 (using the clean the drive option) and made sure all the sound, motherboard and GPU drivers are up to date
I originally thought that maybe something was overheating but after checking the temps just before a crash occurs the CPU is on average around 50-60 degrees C and the GPU never goes above 70 C even just before a crash occurs. I also have not overclocked any of the components. Any help would be appreciated, I can also provide my dxdiag and any other info that is needed.

Thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS