[SOLVED] Troubleshooting ryzen cpus without igpu

King084

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
Thinking of buying a 1600 or 1600x for my 1070
So say for examlple there was somthing wrong with the gpu drivers or anything like that. How would i be able to enter my pc without integrated gpu. How do i troubleshoot a ryzen cpu without igpu?

Solution
So say for examlple there was somthing wrong with the gpu drivers or anything like that. How would i be able to enter my pc without integrated gpu. How do i troubleshoot a ryzen cpu without igpu?
Depends on the motherboard. The good ones have LEDs which provide troubleshooting. They have LEDs for correct CPU, GPU, and RAM function. Some also have multi-segment LEDs which provide error codes.
Oct 26, 2020
Hi King084,

I own a Ryzen 5 1600 AF,
Good CPU and good price for the performance,
but yes there is no IGPU.
When the GPU in the system is faulty you will have no display.
It also prompts a beep code for bad GPU. I think it is beeeeep beep beep beep (1 long 3 short).
It is handy to have a small cheap GPU laying around in case this happens for troubleshooting.

I hope this was helpful in some way.

Goodluck.

Reactions: drea.drechsler

kanewolf

Titan
Depends on the motherboard. The good ones have LEDs which provide troubleshooting. They have LEDs for correct CPU, GPU, and RAM function. Some also have multi-segment LEDs which provide error codes.

Solution

King084

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
Hi King084,

I own a Ryzen 5 1600 AF,
Good CPU and good price for the performance,
but yes there is no IGPU.
When the GPU in the system is faulty you will have no display.
It also prompts a beep code for bad GPU. I think it is beeeeep beep beep beep (1 long 3 short).
It is handy to have a small cheap GPU laying around in case this happens for troubleshooting.

I hope this was helpful in some way.

Goodluck.
Ok thanks how long have u had the cpu and how long would the life span be. As im not buying it new im buying it used but with 2yr warrentt from cex

^THAT^

Just pop out the 'questionable' one, pop in the cheap spare and Windows will load up default drivers that work well enough for troubleshooting.

But if dealing with driver issues it's usually good enough to just boot into safe mode and do a DDU to clean them out and reinstall. You don't even need the cheap one for that as Windows installs basic VGA drivers for safe mode. The cheap swapper is only needed if it's hardware related

Reactions: K3VINza
Oct 26, 2020
Ok thanks how long have u had the cpu and how long would the life span be. As im not buying it new im buying it used but with 2yr warrentt from cex
I have had mine for little shy of 1 year now. Never had any sort of problems with it. Never needed to overclock ether.

The lifespan of a cpu is a complicated thing. It could be 10 years or 10 days depending on the manufacturering process and alot of other things. With that said, if it is well looked after and temps where kept normal it should last you long. The cpu wil be absolute long before it dies tough.

King084

Prominent
Nov 13, 2019
^THAT^

Just pop out the 'questionable' one, pop in the cheap spare and Windows will load up default drivers that work well enough for troubleshooting.

But if dealing with driver issues it's usually good enough to just boot into safe mode and do a DDU to clean them out and reinstall. You don't even need the cheap one for that as Windows installs basic VGA drivers for that. The cheap swapper is only needed if it's hardware related
Lol its a real pain buying a ryzen cpu but ima get it any way.

Oct 26, 2020
Just reminded me to advice you to update your motherboard bois drivers to latest before poping the cpu in. Also I'm sure you have confirmed that your mainbord do indeed support the chip? Right? Can spare you some rather uncomfortable issues. Best of luck to you man.

TRENDING THREADS