tRRD, tRC, tWR, tWTR???

hooyaa

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2007
I've been trying tighten the timing of my memory and I was wondering what the following memory timings were for.

tRRD(row to row delay)
tRC(row cycle time)
tWR(write recovery time)
tWTR(write to read delay)

Do I need to change these or leave them on auto? What do they have to do with the standard tCL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-T1 timings? I really don't know if I need to mess with these "extra controls" or if I should leave them alone. Any help would be nice.

PS. I have a P6N SLI Platinum mobo(650i)

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
I searching high and low for these non mainstream terms, like tFAW and tWTR, according to my motherboard my memory has all these other settings that the motherboard is not setting correctly by the data on the ram, so i am running between my Server and my Gaming rig trying to research all these Timing definitions, as the ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z DOES NOT directly identify which is which, the XMP data says the abbreviations, then the DRAM Timing Control says their full names. VERY frustrating I HAVE READ the TomsHardware RAM guide, which only educates on the mainstream 4 popular timings (CAS) I'm looking hard for the more advanced, less known terms.