[SOLVED] Trust I'm new to pc stuff im confused help asap please.

Sep 27, 2020
CPU- Ryzen 5 3400g Ima be playing mostly fortnite with this apu right until i get a gpu if u have a build that has a gpu at my budget 100 fps+ put it down below

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200mhz ram

Case: Aerocool bolt-g-bk i might change it Not Decided yet
Motherboard- Either Msi a320m a pro max or a b450 motherboard like gigabyte b450m ds3h but i don't trust it should i get the gigaybyte b450m tell me asap because the a320m has not been in stock but is going to be hopefully

SSD: I wanna get the Kingston a400 240gb would it fit windows 10 and the motherboard drivers and also the ryzen 5 3400g driver here is the link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/...processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-5-1 its 428 MB will it fit with fortnite ima be playing that the most.

Power Supply: I don't know yet i found the gigabyte p450b 450w which is a low price heres the link:https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GP-P450B-Bronze-Certified-Protection/dp/B08DK7YPX4/ref=sr_1_4?
dchild=1&keywords=gigabyte+power+supply&qid=1601233659&sr=8-4

AresGame: This a really budget power supply 650w just came out https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CXXM5QC/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_8?smid=A99P3HLMCI1G&psc=1

Evga 650w Br:This power supply they say its good but i keep seeing bad reviews heres the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DTP6QKG/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Plz i Know i wrote alot but please help it would mean alot need help asap please
Thank you

Solution
What is your actual budget and what all do you need?

Yes, it would function, plenty of room for Windows and Fortnite on that drive. (About 40GB total)

Power supplies are not something to cheapout on. EVGA BR is one of their lower end models, but won't explode on you. AresGame, no nothing about it. Claims to be decent, but is about half the price of known good models, so, yeah, not going to trust that. Gigabyte is new to the market, not many reviews yet. Though they are a massive component company. Not sure who is building their supplies for them yet.

You should go for b450, it offers more and better features than A320 boards. Overclocking and support for newer CPUs. B550 would actually be preferable, would let you use the newer 3100...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
What is your actual budget and what all do you need?

Yes, it would function, plenty of room for Windows and Fortnite on that drive. (About 40GB total)

Power supplies are not something to cheapout on. EVGA BR is one of their lower end models, but won't explode on you. AresGame, no nothing about it. Claims to be decent, but is about half the price of known good models, so, yeah, not going to trust that. Gigabyte is new to the market, not many reviews yet. Though they are a massive component company. Not sure who is building their supplies for them yet.

You should go for b450, it offers more and better features than A320 boards. Overclocking and support for newer CPUs. B550 would actually be preferable, would let you use the newer 3100 and 3300X without any compatibility worries, and 4000 series CPUs when released. Though that might be out of budget.

RX570 is or GTX1650 probably the cheapest GPU worth buying, that will set you back $140-150 on its own.

Last edited:
Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Maybe this:, just subtract the GPU for now:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($99.99 @ Best Buy)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($27.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 570 4 GB RS XXX Video Card ($136.99 @ Best Buy)
Case: Aerocool Bolt ATX Mid Tower Case ($48.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $503.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-27 16:16 EDT-0400

Sep 27, 2020
Maybe this:, just subtract the GPU for now:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($99.99 @ Best Buy)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($27.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 570 4 GB RS XXX Video Card ($136.99 @ Best Buy)
Case: Aerocool Bolt ATX Mid Tower Case ($48.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $503.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-27 16:16 EDT-0400
tHANKS THATS GOOD THE SEASONIC POWER SUPPLY IS GOOD I DIDNT KNOW I WILL CHECK OUT THE PEFORMANCE WITH RX 570 WITH RYZEN 3 3200G

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I generally stick to the forums. Tomshardware has a discord, I suppose I could join that.

Sep 27, 2020
I generally stick to the forums. Tomshardware has a discord, I suppose I could join that.

Sep 27, 2020

Sorry man i bothering you i just compared these specs to 3200g and these specs are better for some reason saw it on youtube would you recommend
i3 9100f
rx 570
240gb ssd annd th rest of the stuff i have will it be better because the i3 9100f is cheaper and better than the ryzen 3 3200g

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I don't disagree that it is an outdated design, so was its predecessor. But in terms of budget power supplies, it will do well enough. Prices for good power supplies have gone up a lot as more people started gaming during the pandemic and changes in US trade policy have increased the prices of imported electronics across the board.

So a $90 good power supply now costs about $120-150, and the price gap between not recommended, good enough, and good has left a large gap in the market as all inventory is quickly sold off. So for about $70-80 you might pick up a Corsair mid-range model. But sub $50 is basically a minefield of terrible. EVGA makes great units, so does Seasonic and Corsair and many others, but they are not suited for a budget build. Personally, yes I would spend more on a power supply I know is going to last seven to ten years (a lot of your gold, titanium supplies actually come with such warranties) But that would be a quarter of the budget if not more?

Your plan is to run an APU, then get a dedicated graphics card. We don't know that card will be, so a 550W supply leaves some wiggle room.

Also, the one person who bothered to review on BestBuy is an enthusiast. So am I, but I also like to spend time with budget builds and those concepts. Certainly not a choice I would make for a $1000 PC, but a $500, absolutely.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
$78 basic 'gaming' recommendation
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zd...fully-modular-atx-power-supply-220-b5-0550-v1

$115 And what I would pick out myself for longevity and the possibility of a beefy CPU/GPU in the future :
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Wx...-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020194-na

I use an older RM850x, but I overclock and water cool with 7 fans, pump, easily pulling 500W under a heavy load. Probably never going to do dual GPU again, but I am seeing that the new RTX3090 can pull 400W on its own, so still justified for craziness.

Sep 27, 2020
I don't disagree that it is an outdated design, so was its predecessor. But in terms of budget power supplies, it will do well enough. Prices for good power supplies have gone up a lot as more people started gaming during the pandemic and changes in US trade policy have increased the prices of imported electronics across the board.

So a $90 good power supply now costs about $120-150, and the price gap between not recommended, good enough, and good has left a large gap in the market as all inventory is quickly sold off. So for about $70-80 you might pick up a Corsair mid-range model. But sub $50 is basically a minefield of terrible. EVGA makes great units, so does Seasonic and Corsair and many others, but they are not suited for a budget build. Personally, yes I would spend more on a power supply I know is going to last seven to ten years (a lot of your gold, titanium supplies actually come with such warranties) But that would be a quarter of the budget if not more?

Your plan is to run an APU, then get a dedicated graphics card. We don't know that card will be, so a 550W supply leaves some wiggle room.

Also, the one person who bothered to review on BestBuy is an enthusiast. So am I, but I also like to spend time with budget builds and those concepts. Certainly not a choice I would make for a $1000 PC, but a $500, absolutely.
Yea then i agree so the 600w br is it reliable, last longing https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DTP6QKG/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_6?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
3 year warranty, but I would not consider that a 'good' choice, adequate at best, just like the others listed around that price. EVGA ditched their good supplier on the low end, and they release too many models to keep up with demand, ie multiple suppliers, and there isn't a whole lot of info about who makes what. Might even have multiple designs under the same name coming from different suppliers.

i3-9100F does not have onboard graphics, so that would be a poor choice unless you are buying a GPU immediately. i3-9100 is the same chip with the graphics working.

Saves you about $27 up front I suppose. Not a terrible CPU choice, certainly faster than the 3200G. But the 3200G comes with, for the moment, second best onboard GPU. 3400G is a little better.

Memory speed with a locked intel chip, not sure you can run at 3200Mhz, so you could get cheaper memory like 2666. Ryzen likes memory speed since it sets the internal clock the CPU substrate (infinity fabric) runs on. Intel, not so much. Faster is better, but there is less improvement there.

TRENDING THREADS