Trustworthy Firewall and Antispyware for Windows 95

My question is simple,
Who makes trustworthy firewall and antispyware programs for Windows 95?
And if there is no such thing then what outdated versions of Norton, McAfee
etc could I try and find to use in my old but good computer? Your help is
very much so appreciated. Thank you.
--
Seek Peace
Jay Meister

Hello,

"Jay Meister" <JayMeister@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My question is simple,
> Who makes trustworthy firewall and antispyware programs for Windows 95?
> And if there is no such thing then what outdated versions of Norton,
> McAfee
> etc could I try and find to use in my old but good computer? Your help is
> very much so appreciated. Thank you.

For Win95 I recommend Look'n'Stop:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Roman

In article <3FE352F9-9990-4C37-BDA1-92A90FCDDB4D@microsoft.com>, "Jay
Meister" <JayMeister@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>My question is simple,
> Who makes trustworthy firewall and antispyware programs for Windows 95?
>And if there is no such thing then what outdated versions of Norton, McAfee
>etc could I try and find to use in my old but good computer? Your help is
>very much so appreciated. Thank you.

If you have a broadband Internet connection, I recommend using a home
broadband router for firewall protection on Windows 95 instead of a
software firewall.

According to this web site, Spybot Search & Destroy runs on Windows 95
if you install the Winsock 2 update from Microsoft:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html
--
Best Wishes,

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Windows Networking
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Steve Winograd's Networking FAQ

I recomend Adaware for anti-spyware (the older version still works on
95 and definition files are still updated and kept current).

The sygate personal firewall rocks.

You can even get them on one cd from on-disk for a couple dollars. If
you happen to have 95b the windows specific updates are cool too.
http://on-disk.com/95optipack.html